Assistant Residence Life Managers (ARLM's)
Applications the for 2018-2019 year are now closed.
What does an ARLM do?
- Collaborate with a co-ARLM to manage a team of 12 Residence Assistants (RA's) and 600 students
- Directly supervise a team of 6 RA's and responsible for the overall community management of 300 students
- Ensure behaviour contrary to the Residence Community Living Standards is addressed in accordance with student conduct philosophy and practices
- Member of the Residence Life Management Team
- Participate in the delivery of staff training and hiring
- Participate in rotating ARLM on call schedule
- Provide on going support, coaching and development to students and staff
For a full description of the ARLM role, please review the ARLM Job Description.
Why be an ARLM?
- Develop skills and experience relevant for professional advancement in a residence environment
- Opportunity to practice and learn restorative approaches and practices
- Enhance you management and leadership skills
- Explore professional development opportunities and participate in skill building training program
Click on the links below to learn more about what current and past ARLM's have to say about their role:
- Daniel Brisebois - ARLM 2016-2017
- Sean Park - ARLM 2016-2017
- Danielle Talbot - ARLM 2017-2018
- Erin McKay - ARLM 2017-2018
- Nicole Vanderleest - ARLM 2017-2018
Who are we looking for?
- Individuals who are passionate about student/staff development and residence life
- Undergraduate degree (preferred, not required)
- Motivated to learn and grow in a supportive environment
- Strong communicators with proven leadership abilities
- Experience in residence life, student affairs or other related area
The hours expected vary according to the needs of the community (minimum of 24 hours per week)
Contract dates from June 4th, 2018 to April 26th, 2019
Live in position (furnished single bachelor style apartment provided as a taxable benefit)
How to apply!
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references (saved as one PDF document) to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at noon.
Questions? Please contact Kristin Lennan at firstname.lastname@example.org | 519-824-4120 ext. 52716