You can use Internet (or telephone) banking to pay your deposit at most major banks and trust companies. If your own bank account is not set up for Internet banking, your deposit can be paid from someone else's account that is set up for online payments, such as a parent's or guardian's. The date that you submit the deposit online is the date we honour: we understand that it may take several days to reach our office.
In order to pay through your bank account, you must add us as a new payee. Here’s how:
- Go to the bill payment section of your online banking service and select the option for adding a new payee.
- Enter the search term "Guelph" into the payee search or find box. A list of all payee selections for the University as well as those for the City of Guelph will show up.
- Select the payee the looks most like "University of Guelph - Residence Deposit.” Some banks may abbreviate this (see below for a list of common bank payee names). Be careful here – if you choose University of Guelph Student Fees or another similar payee, we will not receive it and will not be able to complete your application.
- If you are not able to find a University of Guelph Residence Deposit option, you will not be able to pay online.
- Select this payee to add to your list.
- Select the option for paying a bill to the payee selected in the step above.
- Your Account Number will be your 7-digit University of Guelph Student ID number (on your Offer of Admission). The amount of the deposit is $750.00.
- Confirm that you wish to make the payment.
- When your payment has been sent, you will be given a confirmation number by your bank. We strongly recommend that you make a note of that number, and print off a copy of the confirmation message.
The following payee names are used by Canada's major financial institutions:
|Bank of Montreal (BMO)||UNIV OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEPOSITS|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)||UNIV OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEP|
|TD Canada Trust||UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEPOSIT|
|Scotiabank||UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH RESIDENCE|
|Royal Bank||UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEP|
|Meridian Credit Union||UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEPOSIT|
|Desjardins Credit Union||UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEPOSITS|
|President's Choice (PC) Financial||UNIV OF GUELPH - RESIDENCE DEP|