personal safety in residence
There are a number of systems and resources within residence that support your personal safety some of which are listed below:
- Guest Table Staff help to ensure guests of residents are registered
- Emergency yellow call boxes are located in the entrance of each residence
- You will receive a card holder on move in day for your ID with important numbers
- Residence Life Staff and Student Housing Porters conduct nightly rounds of each residence
- Exterior doors are alarmed and have card access
- Residence Life Staff facilitate bystander awareness and education
- Your room location is never released without your permission
- Campus Community Police have an active and welcomed presence within your residence, be sure to say hello to your Residence Officer!
- Residence Life and Desk Services staff are available should you need assistance or have any questions
- Safe Walk is available to you every night from 7:30pm to 2:30am for an escorted walk on campus
Keep you and your things safe by following a few tips!
- Report any suspicious activity to Campus Community Police ext. 52245
- Never prop doors or left doors unlocked
- Don't let others come in to residence behind you if you don't know them
- Get content insurance for your belongings
- Check out Campus Community Police's theft prevention programs
- Do not leave valuables in sight and unsecure
- Follow all instructions from Residence Life Staff and Campus Community Police during a fire alarm or other emergency
- Report any behaviour from others that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy
- Do not lend or loan keys, fobs or ID
- Register your guests online or at the desk
For more information on staying safe visit Campus Community Police.