You are here
residence: where campus comes to life
Living in residence is an integral part of life at the University of Guelph. Whether you are a first-year student, transitioning to life at the U of G, or an upper-year student, eager to return to on-campus living, you will find that residence provides you with the support and opportunities you need to make the most of your time as a Gryphon.
To help you get the most out of living on campus, our Residence Life Team works to create a residence experience that allows you to:
How Do We Create This Environment?
To create this residence experience, where you feel safe and secure, where you have consistent opportunities to form connections, and where you learn more about what you need to succeed academically and more about yourself, we have close to 200 Residence Life Staff (RLS) living in communities or working at the building- and residence-wide level.
These staff create our Residence Life program each year and each residence student can expect to experience:
- Shared community meetings and experiences
- 1-on-1 check-ins and chats with your community Residence Life member
- Collaborations with campus partners that bring learning and involvement opportunities right into residence
- Exciting and diverse residence- and campus-wide events/initiatives
- Residence environments where community standards are upheld, through Community and Roommate Agreements; nightly RLS “On-Call” shifts, facilitated mediations, and more. (See Community Standards & Policies for more information).
To learn more about the experience in Residence, explore the links below and check-out the Get Involved! menu.