Sexual violence is a serious and complicated reality both on and off university campuses. Sexual violence is not tolerated in our residence communities and our Residence Life team is dedicated to providing both programming and support related to sexual violence.
During Orientation Week, our “Can I Kiss You?” event sets the standard: sexual violence will not be tolerated, active and enthusiastic consent is imperative, and Gryphons look out for each other and stand up to sexual violence when they see it happening. Additionally, Residence Life Staff facilitate activities planned as part of our campus-wide Stop. Ask. campaign throughout the Fall and Winter semesters. For more information on this campaign, visit https://www.uoguelph.ca/sexualassault/ or contact email@example.com.
Consent -it's simple as tea!
Will's Worst Week
When students do experience sexual violence, our student and professional staff are trained in providing immediate support and connecting survivors with appropriate resources. We provide a safe, non-judgmental, and consistent space for students to come to share their experience and get help.
For more information on the University of Guelph’s resources and response to sexual violence visit: https://www.uoguelph.ca/sexualassault/.
How can we respond?
Student Housing Services may respond with one or more of the following actions in response to a complaint or request to investigate an incident of Sexual Violence:
- Meet with the complainant
- Meet with the respondent
- Temporarily relocate one or more parties (especially if parties reside in the same residential community)
- Provide referral for accommodation and/or support to parties involved
- Investigate the incident and communicate a decision to the respondent under the Residence Community Living Standards or the Policy on Non-Academic Misconduct (we will preserve the privacy of both the complainant and respondent and will not publicize that an investigation is taking place or notify others of the results)
- Request that Campus Community Police investigate the incident on behalf of Student Housing Services
- Refer a case to the University Judicial Committee for decision under the Policy of Non-Academic Misconduct
- Consult with the Student at Risk Team to provide accommodation and support
- Facilitate a restorative process to repair harms (impact from incident) and rebuild trust